Lutherie van Gool
Making - restoring
Guitars - Lutes -
Catalogue and Order
Detail of baroque guitar (1995)
- John van Gool started his career as guitar maker in 1978 and finished his first guitar in 1979.
- His guitars are made by the principles of Antonio Torres, of what he believes give the best result in balance as
well as tonal qualities of the guitar.
- In 1988 he was able to follow a master class in guitar making with the well known guitar maker José L.
Romanillos, which was repeated in 1989 and 1992 in Cordoba, Spain.
- Since 1980 he is, besides the classical guitar, also making flamenco guitars.
- In 1984 he started to make several types of the lute and after a study and investigation to the Spanish vihuela he
is also making this beautiful instrument.
- Since 1995 he is making Baroque guitars with beautiful inlays and originally 3D rosette.
- The instruments are characterised by a great volume and a very comfortable playing facility for the left and right
- They are played by several guitarist in Holland, Germany, Spain and the USA
- All guitars are made to the Spanish traditions, jointed to the present acoustical insights.
- Of course only the best woods and materials are used to make this beautiful instruments.
- Because of the fact that the instruments are made in the Spanish tradition, i.e. one instrument at a time, the
number of instruments produced is limited.
- +31 - (0)15 - 212 48 15
- Postal address
- Lutherie van Gool, Multatuliweg 1, 2624 CD Delft, the Netherlands.
- Chamber of Commerce 27221322
- VAT number NL001281559B21
- Electronic mail
- General Information:
Send mail to with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: January, 2020, © John J. van Gool